General Terms and Conditions
general terms and conditions
§ 1 scope
1. These General Terms and Conditions are applicable for all contracts with respect to the provision of one or several hotel rooms of Transit Hotel Frankfurt Airport for a certain period of time (accommodation contract).
2. These General Terms and Conditions shall apply exclusively; conflicting or deviating terms are not acknowledged by HERING Service GmbH (hereinafter referred to as „Transit Hotel“).
§ 2 services of transit hotel
1. The Transit Hotel shall provide the guest with a hotel room,type as booked, during the agreed period. Leaving and entering the transit area is only possible between 05.00 and 23.00.
Reference is made to § 3.
2. It is prohibited to bring along animals to the hotel.
§ 3 advice / information
1. The Transit Hotel is situated within the non-Schengen area of Frankfurt airport.
2. The Transit Hotel is only accessible via the non-Schengen area of the airport. You may enter this non-Schengen area only (i) if you have arrived at or will depart from Frankfurt airport as an air passenger and (ii) either your point of departure or destination is situated outside the Schengen area.
3. The Transit Hotel is accessible only to guests who have successfully passed the passport control restricting the access to the non-Schengen area. The passport control counter closes at 22.00 and opens at 05.00 in the morning. During this period, it is neither possible to leave the transit area nor to enter the airport / gates in order to board a departing plane. Please bear this in mind when booking your hotel room and flight.
4. Passport controls can only be passed with requested identity documents and valid flight ticket.
5. During your stay at the hotel, always carry valid identity documents.
6. The Airport User Regulations of Frankfurt Airport must be strictly observed and followed. The Airport User Regulations may be viewed via the homepage of Fraport or via the following link: https://www.fraport.com/en/business-areas/services/purchasing-and-contracting/guidelines-and-payment-terms.html
7. Customs regulations with respect to value thresholds and duties to declare items must be followed.
8. It is prohibited to prepare meals in the hotel room.
§ 4 force majeure, covid
1. The Transit Hotel is not in default if unforeseen events occur, e.g. operational disruptions, if these cases can be proven to have a significant influence on the fulfilment of the contract and the Transit Hotel is not responsible for the occurrences nor can influence them. This also applies if the circumstances occur upon our subcontractors. We are also not responsible for the above-mentioned circumstances if they arise during an existing delay.
2. An unforeseen event within the meaning of §1 can also be a pandemic and/or new disruptions caused by an already known/ prevailing pandemic at the time the contract was concluded. The effects of a pandemic can also represent unforeseen events within the meaning of this paragraph, e.g. quarantine obligations of employees or guests of the Transit Hotel, unexpected illnesses, absences due to illness and/ or delays in the provision of services e.g. due to the necessary additional cleaning of a hotel room after a guest with covid moved out. The Transit Hotel will inform the customer about any issues and their likely effects that may arise and will propose a solution.
§ 5 conduct at the transit hotel
1. The guest must conduct himself a way that no third person is disturbed.
2. Smoking (including E-Cigarettes) and open flames are strictly. A violation leads to the triggering of the fire alarm, fire service and the evacuation of the hotel. The inciting guest will bear any and all costs for this.
In the case of a guest smoking and no fire alarm is triggered, the guest will still be liable for all cleaning costs, as well as the costs incurred for the entire duration in which the room cannot be rented.
3. The furnishings and equipment of the Transit Hotel are to be handled with care and must not be damaged.
4. Within the entire premises of the Transit Hotel no drug use of any kind is permitted.
5. At the Transit Hotel, guests under the age of 18 are not allowed to consume alcohol.
§ 6 accommodation contract, payment of agreed remuneration
1. If the accommodation contract classifies as a distance contract, there is no right of cancellation.
2. The booked room is reserved for the guest during the booked period. If the guest does not use the room, this shall not suspend the guest’s payment obligation unless the guest is prevented from using the hotel room for objective reasons (e.g. force of nature) or for reasons within the scope of responsibility of the Transit Hotel. If the hotel room is not used, the Transit Hotel will deduct from the agreed remuneration those expenses saved because of such non-use.
3. The remuneration for the hotel room shall be payed in advance after establishment of the accommodation contract.
4. The guest is not allowed to sub-lease the hotel.
§ 7 right of termination („right to cancel“)
1. The MY CLOUD Transit Hotel grants the guest an ordinary right of termination („right to cancel“): If the booking is cancelled up to 24 hours before reserved check-in time, the cancellation is free of charge. If the booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before check-in time, the total cost of the reservation will be charged.
2. Group bookings, 5 rooms or more, must be cancelled 7 days before arrival for a full refund. Changes made up to 72 hours before check-in will be charged with 50 % of the remuneration. All changes made after that time will be fully charged.
3. Furthermore, either party shall have the right to terminate the contract without notice if the continuation of the contract is intolerable to the terminating party.
§ 8 miscellaneous
1. If the guest is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a separate fund under public law, the court of jurisdiction shall be the court where the company HERING Service GmbH has its place of jurisdiction. The same applies if the guest does not have a place of jurisdiction in Germany and the contract has been concluded in writing or – in case of oral conclusion – has been confirmed in writing.
2. All disputes arising out of the accommodation contract between the guest and the Transit Hotel shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) unless this deprives the guest of the protection he or she would have under mandatory law of state where the guest has his or her habitual abode.